The NBA Draft lottery has come and gone. The Minnesota Timberwolves had the best chance to land the number one pick and they got it. It was the first time since 2004 that the team with the best shot to win the lottery actually won it.
The Lakers got the number 2 pick and the Sixers round out the top 3. The New York Knicks had the 2nd highest chance to land the top overall pick but they ended up with the 4th pick in the draft. It is a deep draft so they will get a good player. Rounding out the top 5 was the Orlando Magic.
This will be a quick run-down of the lottery and what position I think each team should fill. I know any team can make a trade but I won’t get into all that now.
1. Minnesota Timberwolves – Center/Power Forward
2. Los Angeles Lakers – Point Guard/Small Forward
3. Philadelphia 76ers – Point Guard/Wing
4. New York Knicks – Point Guard/Big man
5. Orlando Magic – Small Forward/Athletic Big
6. Sacramento Kings – Point Guard/Power Forward
7. Denver Nuggets – Shooting Guard/Small Forward
8. Detroit Pistons – Small Forward/Stretch Forward
9. Charlotte Hornets – Power Forward/Shooting Guard
10. Miami Heat – Shooting Guard/Center
11. Indiana Pacers – Shooting Guard/Athletic Big
12. Utah Jazz – Shooting Guard
13. Phoenix Suns – Big shooting guard
14. Oklahoma City Thunder – Shooting Guard
Again I know some teams will trade out of their spot and they should.